EHR, HIT, and Meaningful Use "Boot Camp"
Keynote Session Re-Broadcast!
A 21st Century Vision - EHR and the Lives of Your Patients, Your Providers, and Your Communities
Ever wonder where "Meaningful Use" was born? In his keynote address at our March "Boot Camp," Dr. Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, shared the vision of MU with the audience in a conversational, engaging session that attendees rated as one of the most inspiring of the two-day conference. This recording will allow you to learn from him and hear the audience Q&A that followed at your own pace. Note: Click the "listen" icon above - a password is required for access. If you do not have a password, please email the AHIT team.
Supplemental materials, including Dr. Mostashari's full bio, are available here.
Held March 9-10, 2011 in order to capitalize on Florida's best weather, this workshop helped attendees launch the new year ready to tackle selection and implementation of advanced Health Information Technology, such as certified Electronic Health Records.
Registration included workshop content, handouts, and other tools; continental breakfast and buffet lunch both days; and a networking reception Wednesday night. The host hotel also provided complimentary shuttle service to and from the Tampa International Airport.
After this two-day training, attendees will be able to:
- Utilize the EHR Readiness tool within their own environment in order to measure their capacity and ability to implement an EHR;
- Identify key activities during the vendor search and selection process and learn key new contract negotiation techniques;
- Understand various implementation approaches, training methodologies and best practice project management principles;
- Recognize the importance of discrete data and the steps involved in monitoring for quality data in order to effectively report on clinical measures and provide quality improvement interventions;
- Discover key characteristics of a physician champion and the importance of clinical leadership for EHR success;
- Determine legal and compliance implications of EHRs and proactive ways to address them; and
- Understand needs and considerations for business continuity planning.